Sunday 14 December 2014

Christmas makes: Chutney


So as I've already mentioned, this christmas has been all about homemade, and mostly home making things I've never made before such as chutney. One thing you should probably know about me is that I am one of the worlds most impatient people and this has not served me well during my recent chutney-making endeavours. Following a recipe for a lush looking cranberry and jalapeƱo number, I was informed that I'd need to simmer the mixture for 30 minutes. Total lie. I nursed this baby for SIX HOURS. It totally refused to thicken and then all of a sudden, it magically chutney-ised, cue me happy dancing round the kitchen before tasting it and realising that it tasted nothing like I'd imagined it would. Instead of throwing it against a wall like I wanted to, I took a deep breath and jarred the stuff up. Now I'm just hoping my long-suffering family appreciate the time I put in and don't concentrate too much on what it tastes like. And hey, at least the ingredients photographed nicely. 

So the moral of this story is:

- Good (or in my case, average) things come to those who wait
- It's the thought that counts
- Don't make chutney unless you have the patience of a saint!

I hope you clever creative people have been having more luck than me with your christmas creations! 

Laura xo

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear it didn't work out as planned. It's the worst when it's homemade gifts or something you are planning on giving away because it still takes so much time and effort to put together. Hopefully your loved ones still appreciated it though!

    xx Kathryn
    http://www.throughthethicket.ca

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com